The New Digital Print Cover Contest sponsored by Neenah
Design Your Own Cover of GDUSA
on Neenah Digital Printing Papers
DEADLINE: August 15th, 2014
Digital printing is the fastest growing segment of the print world and vital to the future of graphic design. To give designers an opportunity to learn more about digital printing, to become more familiar with papers that work well with digital presses and enhance digitally printed projects — and, more generally, to showcase their creativity — the editors have organized the 2014 DIGITAL PRINT COVER CONTEST. It is presented by GDUSA and sponsored by NEENAH. Neenah covers your entry fee to make it free for you to enter as many cover designs as you wish. And the process to enter is fast and simple.
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
The goal is to design a digitally printed tip-on outsert that will double
as the September/October 2014 magazine cover of Graphic Design USA (GDUSA).
You may enter original or previously unpublished artwork. The judges
will choose up to 3 winners and 3 honorable mentions based on…
1. Overall visual appearance and effective communication
2. Integration of the design with a Neenah digital paper of your choice
ARE THERE ENTRY CATEGORIES?
There is only one subject category - designing a magazine cover. But since an essential element being judged is how the paper contributes to the personality of the piece, you must designate the Neenah digital paper you envision your design printed on.
HOW DO I SELECT MY PAPER?
Visit www.neenahpaper.com/digitaloffering and review the rich variety of paper colors and textures available. From this offering simply designate your desired Neenah Digital paper brand and color name on the Entry Form. Please note: You can print white ink on dark colored paper digitally.
WHAT DO I WIN?
The winning design(s) will appear as a digitally printed cover-tip in the September/October 2014 edition of GDUSA magazine, and will be seen by tens of thousands in the creative and marketing communities. Additionally, the winning piece(s) and designer(s) will be featured in a major story in GDUSA magazine, our website, app and enewsletter, and on various additional promotional and publicity materials in print and online via Neenah and GDUSA. You will receive extra copies for your own self-promotion to clients, colleagues, and friends. Finally, the 3 winners will be profiled as ‘People To Watch’ in GDUSA’s 52nd Anniversary special edition coming next January.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All graphic designs, art directors, and other creative professionals at graphic design firms, ad agencies, corporate and institutional design departments, publishers and printers, and other creative businesses. Groups and teams are welcome, as are currently enrolled graphic design students. GDUSA and Neenah employees and immediate family members are not eligible for participation in the contest.
HOW DO I ENTER?
1. Provide us with basic personal information by filling out the entry form. Be sure to indicate your name, company, and contact information clearly and legibly.
2. Review the PDF template of the GDUSA cover to give you the parameters within which you may design. You must take into account placement of the logo and date.
3. Be sure to designate a paper brand and color name based on Neenah’s digital paper offerings. You can review those color and texture offerings at www.neenahpaper.com/digitaloffering
4. After you have completed your design, either mail or email the completed PDF or file, or a printout of the cover, back to GDUSA at email@example.com. This should be a reduced file, 1 MB, for judging. The winner(s) will later be asked to submit a high res file for actual printing. An entry form must accompany each design entry.
- download an entry form >
- download the cover template >
- place the completed
form and your cover
design in a zipped folder
- upload your files here >
DIGITAL PRINTING PAPERS
Winning entrants grant Graphic Design USA and Neenah the right to reproduce and include the winning piece(s) in the September/October 2014 edition of the magazine. In addition, Graphic Design USA and Neenah are granted the right to reproduce the winning piece for, or have it appear in, promotional and publicity purposes in any and all materials and media including, but not limited to, press releases and stories, advertisement and advertorials, trade shows and exhibitions, reprints and overprints, sales materials and brochures, websites and enewsletters.
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
GRAPHIC DESIGN USA,
89 FIFTH AVENUE,
NEW YORK NY 10003
ATTENTION: AWARDS DEPARTMENT